No products in the cart.
My favorite kinds of cakes are the ones that need only 5 minutes of prep!
This easy old-fashioned pineapple cake needs just 5 ingredients and comes together faster than you can preheat the oven! It comes out so moist with lots of pineapple flavor.
This moist, sweet cake can be served plain or topped with cream cheese icing or a dollop of freshly whipped cream. No fresh cream? Whipped topping works like a charm!
Why We Love this Easy Cake Recipe
As you likely know, I love recipes that are quick (and yummy) but don’t require tons of dishes or ingredients. This one tops my list.
- This homemade Pineapple Cake is so easy to make, and even easier to serve.
- With just 5 ingredients, if you’ve got crushed pineapple you likely have all of the ingredients on hand.
- Prep takes just a few minutes and one bowl. No stand mixer is required!
- It’s simple to bake in a 9×13, no fussing with layers or multiple cake pans.
- This pineapple cake is best made ahead so all the flavors can meld together!
This cake uses simple ingredients you most likely have on hand!
DRY All-purpose flour, sugar, and baking soda are mixed together to create the dry portion for this cake.
EGGS This recipe uses eggs and crushed pineapple.
PINEAPPLE This cake is full of crushed pineapple for flavor and moisture. If you don’t have crushed pineapple, pulse pineapple tidbits or fresh pineapple in a food processor a few times. Do not drain, the pineapple juice is needed for moisture.
- Add 1/2 cup of shredded coconut, some lime zest and a teaspoon of vanilla to the batter.
- Shredded carrots pair perfectly with the crushed pineapple.
- Toasted pecans, walnuts, and especially macadamia nuts add a little crunch and texture to pineapple cake.
- Better yet, sprinkle chopped nuts or toasted coconut on the top.
How to Make Pineapple Cake
This recipe is so simple, it bakes in less than 30 minutes!
- Combine dry ingredients, stir in the eggs, and pineapple per the recipe below.
- Spread the cake batter into a prepared 9×13 pan.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean.
Top with whipped cream or even cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle with chopped nuts or top with pineapple chunks if desired.
Tips for the Perfect Pineapple Cake
- Don’t drain the juices from the can of crushed pineapple to get that moist, sweet flavor.
- Because this cake has fruit, it should be stored in the fridge. It will keep for 3-4 days.
- This cake can be frozen. Cut into portions or freeze the entire cake by wrapping it in plastic wrap, then foil and label the outside with the date.
- Pineapple cake should last about 6 weeks in the freezer.
More Pineapple Treats
Did your family love this Pineapple Cake? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easiest Ever Pineapple Cake (5 Ingredients)
Homemade Pineapple Cake is sweet, moist, and full of pineapple pieces!
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 pan.
Combine flour, sugar and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
Stir in eggs and pineapple until very well mixed. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overcook.
Top with cream cheese frosting or whipped cream.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Calories: 317, Carbohydrates: 72g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 41mg, Sodium: 291mg, Potassium: 137mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 48g, Vitamin A: 95IU, Vitamin C: 7mg, Calcium: 22mg, Iron: 2mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Course Cake, Dessert
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.