No products in the cart.
Eggs Benedict is easy to make at home! A perfectly decadent way to start off the weekend or to serve guests at brunch.
A toasted English muffin is topped with a slice of Canadian bacon, a poached egg, and a no-fail 1-minute hollandaise sauce.
You’d be surprised at how easy it really is to make!
What Is Eggs Benedict?
Eggs Benedict is a brunch dish that is made by placing a slice of Canadian bacon on each half of a toasted English muffin, topping it with a poached egg, and a drizzle of Hollandaise sauce.
Now if that isn’t reason enough to love this easy breakfast dish, it is also ready in under 30 minutes.
A good benny will have high-quality ingredients like fresh eggs and firm but fluffy English muffins.
Back Bacon: Canadian bacon or back bacon is traditional and more similar in texture to ham than the crispy bacon often served with eggs. It can be found in most grocery stores but if you’d like deli ham or leftover ham can be used.
English Muffin: English muffin halves are the base of eggs benedict but in a pinch, a slice of toast or dinner rolls are great options.
Eggs: Simply poached with slightly runny centers is perfect for eggs benny. Easy! (Tips to make to make the perfect poached egg here).
Hollandaise Sauce: Hollandaise sauce may seem difficult but I can assure you the recipe below is crazy easy. You can also use a packet store-bought hollandaise if you’d prefer.
The Easiest Ever Hollandaise Sauce
Hollandaise is easy to make in the blender in just a couple of minutes. It does contain raw egg yolks, if you don’t want to eat raw egg yolks, you can either use a packet mix or prepare using the double boiler method in the notes of the recipe.
- Add egg yolks, a bit of fresh lemon juice, and seasonings to a blender.
- Run blender on low while very slowly adding melted butter.
Really, that’s it.
How to Make Eggs Benedict
Just a few simple steps for this classic, it’s one of our favorite breakfasts of all time.
- Prepare the sauce (per the recipe below) and set it aside.
- Place English muffins and back bacon on a sheet pan and broil until browned.
- Poach eggs and place on each half of the toasted English muffins with Canadian bacon (or ham or bacon strips).
- Season each half and drizzle with hollandaise sauce. Serve immediately.
TIP: adding a teaspoon of white vinegar to the water when poaching eggs will help keep the whites together as the egg cooks but it’s not necessary.
Easy Eggs Benedict Variations
Today, eggs benedict can be made with dozens of variations like the addition of creamy spinach (called Eggs Benedict Florentine) or Salmon (called Eggs Benedict Royale). Create your own favorite combination, fancy name optional! Below are some delicious ideas to get you started!
- sautéed bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions
- roasted asparagus
- sliced tomatoes and fresh basil
- smoked salmon in place of ham
Tips for Eggs Benny
- Poach eggs ahead of time. Cook eggs a few at a time and use a slotted spoon to transfer them into a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. To serve add the eggs to simmering water for 45-60 seconds to heat them.
- Cook eggs about 4 minutes to reach medium so you’ll have a slightly runny center.
- Once cooked drain the eggs on a paper towel for a few seconds to remove any water.
- Cook English muffins & back bacon all at once. Skip the toaster and place them all on a baking sheet and broil until the muffins are golden brown and the back bacon is warmed.
- Garnish with chives if you have them.
Eggs on the Breakfast Menu!
Did you enjoy this Eggs Benedict recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Homemade Eggs Benedict
With only 4 ingredients, this simple yet decadent eggs benedict is great for breakfast or brunch!
Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce
Prepare hollandaise sauce according to recipe below or package directions. Set aside.
Place English muffins and Canadian bacon on the same baking sheet. Broil 2-3 minutes or until English muffins begin to lightly brown and the bacon is warmed. Remove from the oven.
Bring a pot of water to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Crack one egg into a small bowl and gently slip into the simmering water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Allow eggs to simmer 3-5 minutes or until they reach desired doneness.
Top each English muffin with warmed bacon, 1 egg, salt & pepper, and hollandaise sauce. Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika or parsley if desired.
Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce
To prepare hollandaise sauce, place the egg yolks, lemon juice, and dry mustard into the bottom of a blender.
Turn the blender on low to blend the yolks. Drizzle butter as slowly as possible into the blender while it is running on low.
Once the mixture becomes thick and creamy stop blending and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a teaspoon of white vinegar to the water when poaching eggs to prevent the whites from separating while boiling.
- I prefer 4 minutes for a runny egg with a set white.
- To Make Eggs Benedict for a crowd, poach all eggs in small batches and plunge into ice water once cooked. Just before serving, place all eggs into simmering water for about 1 minute to heat through.
To Prepare Hollandaise Sauce Without a Blender:
Create a double boiler by placing water in a saucepan and setting a large bowl over the water. Ensure the water is not touching the bowl.
Bring water just to a simmer below the bowl. Add egg yolks and lemon juice to the bowl and whisk unitl light yelllow in color.
Drizzle in butter as slowly as possible while whisking until the butter is incorporated and the mixture becomes thick and creamy. Once thickened, remove from the heat immediately and season.
Calories: 598, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 30g, Fat: 40g, Saturated Fat: 20g, Cholesterol: 564mg, Sodium: 1114mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin C: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.