No products in the cart.
You don’t need a baseball game or a team to make plump and juicy brats in the air fryer!
Cook a few (or a few dozen!) and feed the family or the team. Air fryer bratwurst are so easy, they come out juicy with a nice crisp skin. Top it with your favorite condiments sandwiched in a soft bun.
Easy Air Fryer Brats
- The air fryer crisps the Bratwurst casing while circulating air all around, keeping in juices inside.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you can cook up to 12 brats at one time.
- The air fryer cooks faster thatn the oven with little effort (and no need to stand over watching and turning them like we do on the grill).
- Air fryer brats need almost no prep and clean up is easy!
- Cook them from fresh or frozen (just add extra minutes to the air fryer cook time if frozen).
- No get-together is complete without a hearty platter of DIY brats, buns, and toppings! Put together a ‘brat buffet’ with an assortment of condiments, toppings, and sides!
Brats – Brats are a German sausage and while they can contain veal, they’re most often made with raw pork. They have a natural casing that make them ‘pop’ when you bite into them.
Bratwurst has savory seasonings, oftentimes caraway, garlic, and/or marjoram although Johnsonville brats come in many different flavors, so choose your favorite!
Buns – A hearty bratwurst needs an nice sturdy roll! Use bakery rolls, brioche buns, hamburger buns, or hoagie rolls. They can be enjoyed on their own for a low carb or keto meal!
Toppings & Variations
We love to keep it simple with sauerkraut, chopped onion, and a grainy mustard. Here are some other favorites:
How to Cook Brats in the Air Fryer
- Place raw brats in a single layer in the basket or on the air fryer tray (depending on your air fryer).
- Air fry for 13-14 minutes flipping after 8 minutes (per the recipe below).
- Continue cooking until brats reach 165°F with a meat thermometer.
Let them sit a few minutes before eating as they can burst and release hot juices. Serve them with slaw, beans, or fried potatoes!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Did you make these Air Fryer Bratwurst? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
Air Fryer Bratwurst
The air fryer is a fool-proof way to make super juicy & flavorful bratwurst every time!
Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
Place the brats in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Cook them for 8 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
Serve in rolls and/or with desired toppings.
- Ensure brats reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Do not pierce the brats before cooking or they will lose their juices. Use caution when checking the temperature, they can squirt hot liquid when pierced.
- Allow brats to cool for a few minutes before serving or topping.
- Nutritional information is for brats only and does not include toppings or buns. Information is an estimate and will vary based on brands.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat leftovers in the air fryer for up to 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Leftovers are great added to pasta or pizza.
Calories: 302 | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 767mg | Potassium: 316mg | Vitamin A: 5IU | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.